Experience the efficacy of the latest EMDR 2.0 protocol at EMDR Therapy Sydney
Are you good at looking and acting as if you’re fine but secretly feeling lonely and disconnected?
You may have never felt normal, crippled by shame, grief and “not being good enough”. You feel isolated and fearful of people, yet intensely crave connection.
In social situations, you watch with envy as others seem to speak a different language, and you don’t get the code of how to connect. All you feel is panic or anger, and you want to hide, run or bury yourself in work.
It’s that tiny hell living inside of you, just waiting for something or someone to trigger it… your anger with its scorched earth policy, utterly demolishing those in your path and burning relationships.
If you connect with someone, you fear being abandoned, constantly scared that they might find out who you really are.
Then there is that relentless inner critic, “I’m unlovable”, “I’m crazy”, “I’m a loser”, equaled only by the outer critic that sees the world and people as dangerous.
And now you suspect what happened to you as a child affects your health.
If you’re wrestling with any of the above, you are not alone!
You’re not crazy; this was your brain’s “normal” reaction to an unbearable situation and is fixable. When someone stabs them-self, they bleed. This is a normal reaction to a cut. You don’t criticise them; you show self-compassion and get them help. Similarly, when you have suffered grievous childhood psychological trauma or abuse and neglect, self-compassion and help are key.
Becoming aware of what happened to you is already a big step forward. EMDR therapy has been successful in helping women and men heal from early childhood trauma, anxiety and depression. It doesn’t matter how badly you feel right now or how complicated your life seems. There is hope!
Some benefits of therapy
- Self-acceptance. You’ll know yourself at a deeper level and feel more positive towards yourself.
- Clear sense of identity. You’ll feel more comfortable in your skin.
- Self Compassion. You’ll treat yourself with love, care, and dignity and prioritise your well-being.
- Self Protection. You’ll be able to articulate your needs and feelings and set boundaries.
- Capacity to draw comfort from relationships. You’ll have a greater sense of the value you bring to your relationships and be able to get more of your needs met.
- Ability to relax. You will discover an inner calm and balance that previously eluded you.
- Capacity for full self-expression. You’ll have greater freedom to express yourself authentically.
- Willpower and motivation. You will pursue your passion with joy.
- Peace of Mind. You can feel more at ease, relax and sleep better.
- Self-care. You can give the love and attention you always wanted from someone else to yourself.
- Belief that life is a gift. You’ll feel more optimistic about your life and your future.
- Self-esteem. You can increase your feelings of self-worth
- Self-confidence. You’ll be able to handle the curve balls that life can throw at you.
It’s hard to ask for help from an EMDR therapist.
I know it’s hard to ask for help from a trauma psychologist when you are accustomed to doing things on your own. But here’s the catch, trauma disrupts the neural pathways between the thinking brain and the emotional brain. For example, you cannot analyse yourself out of triggered terror because your thinking brain is overwhelmed by terror.
Together, you and I will design a unique therapeutic program to help you regulate your emotions by rewiring your brain. It is less talk therapy. I use a bottom-up and top-down approach that is evidence-based to activate the brain’s natural neuroplasticity.
Once you decided to get help, make sure your EMDR therapist is:
- Experienced. I use EMDR therapy in the majority of my sessions every working day, so after several years I have logged 1000’s of hours. This is not an occasional modality for me
- Accredited. I am thus recognised as an Accredited Practitioner (not just a member) with Australia’s peak EMDR body (EMDRAA).
- Trained. I have a graduate and Honours degree in Psychology and I have a Masters in Clinical Psychology. I have completed Basic and Advanced courses in EMDR including training with Bessel van der Kolk.
- Regulated. I am a Clinical Psychologist and therefore regulated by the Australian Health Regulator. I am required to abide by standards including attending training and supervision every year.
Trauma (both adult and childhood) is what I focus on at EMDR therapy Sydney.
I am passionate about helping you create a better life for yourself.
It takes courage to enter therapy. If you have doubts and it makes you anxious, that’s OK. It’s normal; most people feel this way.
The moment you take the first step you are on the pathway to reclaiming your authentic self.
Here is one thing you can do right now:
Contact me to get started 02 9908 2950 or email@example.com (Ask for Desne)
EMDR Therapy Sydney Location
119 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest, NSW
I also service DVA clients using EMDR therapy in Sydney (please call me on 02 9908 2950 to ensure your qualify before booking). I accept fees from the DVA and NDIS as full payment (no gap).
I no longer service SIRA (WorkCover) clients.