Coronavirus COVID-19 and Online Therapy
I have quickly moved to offer a range of safe and accessible TeleHealth options (Phone, Skype, Zoom or FaceTime) as I prioritise the health of patients and support NSW Health’s social distancing recommendations to protect our community. EMDR Therapy online is available Australia wide
I am accepting new referrals in the usual ways (Email, GP referral, website referral, or direct contact from patients 0468947575).
Are you good at looking and acting as if you’re fine, but secretly feel lonely and disconnected?
You may have never felt normal, crippled by feelings of shame, grief and “not being good enough”. You feel isolated and fearful of people, yet intensely crave connection.
In social situations you watch with envy as others seem to speak a different language and you don’t get the code of how to connect. All you feel is panic or anger and you want to hide or run or bury yourself in work.
It’s that tiny hell living inside of you, just waiting for something or someone to trigger it….your anger with it’s scorched earth policy, utterly demolishing those in your path and burning relationships.
If you do connect with someone, you fear being abandoned, constantly scared that they might find out who you really are.
Then there is that relentless inner critic,”I’m unlovable”, “I’m crazy”, “I’m a loser” equaled only by the outer critic that sees the world and people as dangerous.
And now you suspect what that what happened to you as a child affects your health.
If you’re wrestling with any of the above, you are not alone!
You’re not crazy, this was your brains “normal” reaction to an unbearable situation and it is fixable. When someone stabs them-self, they bleed, this is a normal reaction to a cut. You don’t berate them, you show self-compassion and you get them help. Similarly, when you have suffered grievous childhood psychological trauma or abuse and neglect, self compassion and help is the key.
Becoming aware, of what happened to you is already a big step forward. Therapy has been successful at helping women and men heal from early childhood trauma and depression. It doesn’t matter how badly you feel right now or how complicated your life seems. there is hope!
Some benefits of therapy…
- Self acceptance. You’ll know yourself at a deeper level and feel more positive towards yourself.
- Clear sense of identity. You’ll feel more comfortable in your own skin.
- Self Compassion . You’ll treat yourself with love, care, dignity and make your well-being a priority.
- Self Protection. You’ll be able to articulate your needs and feelings and set boundaries.
- Capacity to draw comfort from relationships. You’ll have a greater sense of the value you bring to your relationships and be able to get more of your needs met.
- Ability to relax. You will discover an inner calm and balance that previously eluded you.
- Capacity for full self-expression. You’ll have a greater freedom to express yourself authentically.
- Willpower and motivation. You will pursue your passion with joy.
- Peace of Mind. You can feel more at peace, relax and be able to sleep better.
- Self-care. You can give the love and attention you always wanted from someone else to yourself, first.
- Belief that life is a gift. You’ll feel more optimistic about your life and your future.
- Self-esteem. You can increase your feelings of self-worth
- Self-confidence.You’ll be able to handle the curveballs that life can throw at you.
It’s hard to ask for help.
I know it’s hard to ask for help from a trauma psychologist when you are accustomed to doing things on your own. But here’s the catch, trauma disrupts the neural pathways between the thinking brain and the emotional brain, you cannot analyse yourself out of triggered terror for instance.
This is where together you and I design a unique therapeutic program to help you regulate your emotions by rewiring your brain. It is not all talk therapy. We use a bottom up and top down approach that is evidence based to activate the brain’s natural neuroplasticity.
I’m a Sydney Clinical psychologist who would like to help.
Childhood trauma is what I focus on. I am passionate about helping you create a better life for yourself.
It takes courage to enter therapy. If you have doubts and it makes you anxious, that’s ok. It’s normal, most people feel this way.
But the moment you take the first step you are on the pathway to reclaiming your authentic self.
Here is one thing you can do right now:
Contact me to get started 9908 2950 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Ask for Desne)
Centre for Clinical Therapy
119 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest
The Australian Psychological Society (APS) recommended hourly fee for Clinical Psychologists in 2018-2019 is $251 per 50 minutes. Our standard fees are $200 per 50 minutes, with a small surcharge ($25) for Saturday appointments. Your first appointment will be a 90 minute assessment and costs $300 (APS recommends $364).